Patients should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointments to allow time for any updates to patient files and other necessary paperwork.
If you must cancel your appointment, we’ll be happy to reschedule at a more convenient time. We ask that you give us 24 hours advance notice, providing an opportunity for other patients to been seen.
If you are a new patient, please bring the following to your scheduled appointment:
- Photo ID
- Current insurance card(s)
- Co-payment(s), if required
- Completed forms from the links to the right
- Any previous medical history
Dr. Sehgal can assist you through the health care system by assessing your healthcare needs and referring you to the appropriate specialist. Managed care plans require that you obtain a referral and/or authorization prior to seeking specialty services. Therefore, it is important to obtain the proper referral/authorization before your appointment. Our office staff is here to help guide you through this process. Referrals may be obtained at the time of your office visit. We will need the following information to process your referral : Name of the Specialist you plan to consult, address, phone number, fax and their NPI. Processing of referrals can take up to five business days from the time of request. Patients can pick up the referral during business hours or they can be forwarded to the specialists office via fax or mail. A copy of the referral authorization will be scanned into your electronic medical record in our office.
- At the time of your appointment, you will be provided with sufficient refills of scheduled medications to last until your next appointment
- We do not call in prescription refills. Patients need to be seen prior to prescription refills so that they can be reevaluated. Automatic prescription renewals are discouraged to prevent complications.
- If you find yourself out of refills, it is most likely time to schedule your next appointment
- If you are having problems with side effects, or need a change in dosage, please schedule an appointment to discuss problems and explore alternative options
- Remember: Physicians who are ‘on-call’ cannot complete routine medication refill requests
If we are a participating provider with your insurance plan, deductibles and/or co-insurance are due when you receive a bill from our office. In the event that your insurance coverage changes to a plan where we are not a participating provider, the balance is your responsibility. Please bring your insurance card with you to every visit so we can ensure that our records are accurate. We recommend that you call your insurance company to verify that we participate with your plan.
We accept the following insurance plans:
- Horizon BC/BS
It is best to always confirm with your insurance carrier that your physician is on your plan. If your insurance isn’t listed above, please do not let this discourage you from making an appointment. We will try our best to explore reasonable payment options so that you can experience the excellent care Dr. Sehgal provides. In the event that you do not have health insurance our office visit fee is at a reasonable cost. The office fee includes the office visit and blood work if drawn at our office. We also provide every patient with a list of all blood test prices so they could be aware of what the average cost for his or her blood work would be.